Recently I passed my OSWP and wanted to provide a guide to passing OSWP.
The purpose of this article is not to give away any sort of confidential exam information but to discuss what I believe to be the best ways to prepare for the exam.
What is OSWP?
How I prepare for OSWP?
Material 1: zSecurity — Learn Network Hacking From Scratch
- I started off finishing this course from zSecurity, it teaches both theory and hands-on practical which is super easy to understand
- It was also because of this course that I purchased my Wi-Fi adapter from zSecurity shop
Material 2: zSecurity — Buy Wi-Fi adapter
- I buy my first Wi-Fi adapter from zSecurity, its called “Realtek RTL8812AU 2.4 & 5 Ghz USB Wireless Adapter”
- It supports monitor mode, packet injection, and both 2.4 and 5 Ghz frequency
- It is small, portable and cheap, and it has a strong chipset “RTL8812AU”
- I passed my OSWP with this Wi-Fi adapter with no issue
- Follow this tutorial to setup this Wi-Fi adapter in your Kali Linux
Material 3: OSWP pdf + video
- I start off finish the video of each chapter first, then will proceed to quickly read through the pdf in case there’s extra information not covered in the videos
- Make sure to take good notes while you study the video and pdf
Material 4: Wi-Fi labs and videos
- After some research, i found some useful Wi-Fi resources from attackdefense website
- It contains the Wi-Fi labs and video walkthroughs to solve the labs
- I did not do any of those labs, but I finished all those free video walkthroughs
Material 5: Other useful cheatsheets posted on Github
- Its always important to read the exam guide and FAQ from OffSec carefully to ensure you know what to look out for